Sunday, August 5, 2007

Web logs are public journals

I haven't kept a regular journal for more years than I want to admit. I saved all of my letters to Robbie and Sherrie while they were on their missions with the intent to put them in a binder and call it a journal. With both of them home, married and parents of some beautiful children, I'm going to have to come up with something else.

I love reading the logs of everyone else, so I thought this might be a way to get a journal going. I'm not a great typist so if I write the originals in word and copy and paste to this page, I'll even have a back-up.

The only problem is that by the time I have read everyone else’s thoughts and commented on them, I'm out of original ideas! (It also takes a long time and I get a little restless sitting on the computer for more than a few minutes.) However, I think it's a great idea to stay in touch with loved ones near and far, so I'm going to see how it goes.

6 comments:

robbienmeri said...

Word 2007 lets you post directly to blogs and blogger is one of the allowed providers.

sherrie bebe said...

this should be fun! We are excited to see your posts! On your blog, go to Customize (top right), then Settings (left), and then there's a bunch of little tabs for pages on which you can choose the security features of the individual components. Thank you also for the corn recipe!

coolhandluke said...

Welcome to the club! This will be a lot of fun. Also, if you want to add some fun things to your blog, after you go to Customize, select the Layout tab, and you can pick all kinds of things to add to your blog (voting polls, a list of links to other people's blogs, etc.).

Aimee and David said...

Okay, it's good that you have a blog. but no posting embarrassing things about your kids. Unless it's Robbie, Sherrie, Jennie, or Josh. k?

Josh said...

No doing teen things either. Like saying fdsa fhjd so idk my bff Jill. Blogs are funny things. Spaff did a spoof on it. The sad things is it's kind of true.

don&janet said...

It's great to hear from you! I look forward to hearing how you are doing and what the busy coach is up to!