On Friday, June 27 I was having a conversation with one of my neighbors and he informed me that our dear friend and neighbor, Julie Knab had passed away early that morning. I knew the time was near, and had hoped that she would have had the opportunity to go one last time to Bear Lake for a family reunion the upcoming week. I was so sorry to hear the news because Julie is a person for whom I have always had a great deal of love and respect. Nevertheless, I knew her passing was inevitable and would have occurred soon.
Later that afternoon, I was walking around my backyard, surveying work that was being done and contemplating other projects that I wanted to be accomplished. As I approached a set of stairs that lead from the very back of my yard down toward the pool, a very strong impression, almost like a vision, came into my mind's eye. I could see Julie walking up a staircase, very similar to the one I was standing above. She was dressed in white and appeared to be ascending from a cloud-like area. I knew I was witnessing her entrance into heaven. I was struck at first by her eyes. Before her illness, her eyes always had a calmness about them. Throughout her illness, they often belied the pain she felt but was reluctant to speak of. As I saw her that afternoon, her eyes reflected the peace she now felt. I saw her look around, and although I was not permitted to see what she saw, her eyes reflected wonderment and rejoicing at what she was beholding and as she realized where she was. The vision faded at that point and I heard her voice state, "I am at peace." There was a warmth that filled my whole body. Though I wept at her loss, my heart was full of joy and peace because I knew where she was. I had seen her enter heaven, in what I believe was the Celestial Kingdom.
I don't know why I was permitted to have this experience, but it has had a great impact on me and has given me strength. It has reinforced my knowledge of the plan of salvation and increased my testimony. Because of Christ's atonement, as proclaimed by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:22, "as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive"
No comments:
Post a Comment