A great sister in my ward mentioned that, while on vacation in Hawaii, she happened to stop in a shop that had seashells. She picked one up and as she looked at it, realized that, although it was impossible, she had seen it before! She knew every nook and cranny, every color and texture. She had the overwhelming impression that, before this life, as we were receiving instructions and gaining knowledge, we were also put on committees to help create the earth. She has always loved seashells and that chance encounter on vacation convinced her that she had been on the seashell committee and she had just come across one of her very own designs!
So, what speaks to you? Do you believe we were on committees, and if so what was yours? If it is true, I think I did the same thing up there that I do here on earth. I find everything so amazing that I jump from one incredible creation to another – never really mastering any, but enjoying the awe and wonder of them all!
3 comments:
I don't know. Maybe flowers?
That's a very interesting thought. I've thought about that a little bit. I assume Mozart and Beethoven spent the majority of their pre-existence understanding and enjoying music. Sherrie would probably say I watched a lot of movies! There had to be some sort of technology in Heaven, but I guess we all could have lived in caves or something :) Are our talents better spent on natural things like science or music or writing and less on man made (but possibly divinely inspired) technology?
It there were committees, I think they had to involve everything from nature to technology, or at least the elements that would eventually form them.
Post a Comment